Dunwoody Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Don't Be a Victim! Fight for Just Compensation
Most people have difficulty imagining personal injuries being anything more than minor, perhaps requiring a cast or some stitches. Typically sudden and unexpected, a catastrophic injury carries with it life-changing consequences that prevent the victim from functioning as normally as before. Damage from a catastrophic injury does not have to be immediately recognizable, and may not fully be realized until years later.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, you may be finding yourself buried under medical bills. Additionally, the painful results of your injury could have left you debilitated, causing you to lose your job. There are ways you can seek financial compensation for your traumatic experience, however.
Contact a Dunwoody personal injury attorney from the Law Offices of K. Douglas Cook today to learn more about what you can do to stand up for your rights as someone who has been wrongfully injured.
Recovering Compensation from Catastrophic Injuries
Depending on the circumstances, someone may suffer from a variety of catastrophic injuries. No matter the specifics, a catastrophic injury will leave a permanent effect on the victim’s life.
Common forms of catastrophic injuries include:
- Amputation: More frequently seen on construction job sites, losing an arm or leg is clearly a crippling injury that often costs the wounded their jobs. Workers’ compensation may not cover catastrophic injuries, so it is recommended that you seek counsel from a personal injury attorney immediately.
- Paralysis: Paralysis may occur if the spinal cord is damaged. In some cases, quadriplegia could afflict those who have suffered catastrophic injury from a harsh impact, such as a collision in a truck accident or a fall.
- Brain injury: Memory loss, difficulty focusing, and episodes of vertigo are common results of a catastrophic brain injury that may not be immediately noticeable when the accident occurred. People who have been in a violent motorcycle accident often report some sort of mental incapacity afterward.
- Internal organ damage: Strong impacts or harmful drugs – such as those incorrectly prescribed in medical malpractice cases – can cause massive damage to internal organs if not treated properly. Damaged internal organs can begin as a slight irritation and escalate to a sharp, chronic pain as time goes on.
- Blindness/deafness: Often caused by bright flashes of light and thunderous blasts that came without warning, blindness and deafness may be permanent. Although not life-threatening, the consequences are life-altering and considered catastrophic.
Dunwoody Personal Injury Lawyer with a Record for Success
My team of professionals at the Law Offices of K. Douglas Cook has more than 25+ years of practice representing those who have wrongfully suffered personal injuries. I, Attorney K. Douglas Cook, have a personal dedication to my clients, and I feel it is most important to help them feel empowered and protected.
If you have been injured at work, by a negligent driver, or anyone else’s recklessness, let me help you hold them accountable for their actions. I am so confident in my abilities to defend your rights and build a strong case on your behalf, I am proud to say that I work on a contingency fee basis – meaning I don’t get paid until you win a fair settlement.
Don’t suffer in silence another day! Contact my firm for a free consultation now.